- We've made some impactful changes in this release to enhance the usability of the Identification (aka Search) functionality:
groupparameter is now required when creating or searching for a
person. If the
groupparameter is not specified, a
defaultgroup will be created, and
personentities without a specified
groupwill be placed in that default group.
api/personsendpoint was removed and replaced with the
Idfields was changed from
guid. Refer to the Migration Guide for more information.
- The naming convention has been standardized to follow camelCase, here are the details, see сlause 5.
- The way to set up customization of the Web Component has been changed. Previously configured customizations are no longer supported. You need to make some changes in your projects to migrate to this version of the Web Component. Please visit the Migration Guide to get more details.
- The customization capabilities of the Web Component were significantly extended, please explore the new features here.
- Added support for new database types: Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB, SQLite.
- Added support for the following storage types: Google Cloud Storage, Azure Blob Storage, File Storage.
- Added an optional
tagparameter that can be applied to all requests. Requests with the same
tagare grouped into a single session. If a request lacks a
tag, a unique tag is automatically generated by the web service. You will find new request signatures in the OpenAPI specification.
- Added illumination validation in the Mobile SDK. The application prompts to adjust the illumination if it is not sufficient for high-quality photos. The process is blocked until the illumination reaches a sufficient level.
- Added age estimation to the results of liveness verification. This additional information does not impact the liveness check process but can be used as an extra factor for decision-making purposes. See updates in OpenAPI specification, Web Components, Mobile section.
- Updated the start screen for both Web and Mobile. Now, it provides instructions before starting the procedure. The screen is customizable.
- Enhanced presentation attack detection (PAD) mechanism on iPhone devices.
- Improved presentation attack detection (PAD) mechanism for recorded videos or face replacement software.
- Video recording on the Web Component is now enabled by default.
- Added photo compression and resizing capabilities, see docs.
- Added an ability to add a new person if no person is found, see docs.
- Added an option to create a person using a URL to a photo on an external resource, eliminating the need to copy the photo, see docs.
- Added a capability to detect all faces in an image containing multiple faces, see details in the OpenAPI specification.
- Added a possibility to obtain thumbnails of the detected faces in an image that was used for searching, see details in the OpenAPI specification.
- Changed the ordering of person list and image list responses to be in descending order based on ID.
- Standardized all returned dates to align with the ISO standard format:
- Added support of the Identification functionality to the Mobile SDK.
- Updated the Mobile Face SDK installation guides due to changes in the product architecture.
- Supported customization of the result screen for liveness assessment, learn more for iOS and Android.
- Added an option to disable the "Close" and "SwitchCamera" buttons.
- Enabled button creation over camera UI using the
customUILayerproperty in the
Customizationclass, learn more for iOS and Android.
- Added a FaceSDK usage example in a project based on SwiftUI.
- Resolved layout issues in Accessibility Mode.
- Resolved layout issues in Accessibility Mode.
- Fixed an issue where base64-encoded data contained \n characters from an image that was returned from the liveness assessment.
- Updated values in the
LivenessSkipStepenum with new names, see the Migration Guide for details.
- Fixed a video rotation issue during the liveness assessment process.
- Resolved a reflected prompt issue on some devices during the liveness process.
- Improved the liveness check performance.
- Xamarin: added .NET MAUI support.
- Added a possibility to write logs to storage (the supported types are File System, Azure Blob Storage, Google Cloud Storage, AWS S3, MinIO).
- Added an endpoint to get the service readiness status:
/api/readiness. See the OpenAPI specification.
- Added an option to trust a self-issued certificate, skipping CA certificate validation. See
FACEAPI_S3_SECURE_CONNECTIONon the Settings page.
- Updated package dependencies to the latest version.
- Added Prometheus metrics for advanced monitoring, see the Monitoring guide.
- Added a notification when deprecated environment variables are used. Such variables are marked as deprecated in the documentation as well.
- Enhanced service startup time: Achieved up to a 30% reduction in the time required to start the service.
/api/pingendpoint now handles insufficient space on a server correctly.
- Fixed an issue with an error occurring during the startup process if S3 storage was unavailable, preventing failed request processing. Added logging capability to S3.
- Added separation of liveness transactions by minutes and a corresponding level to the S3 path.
- Fixed an issue where the
/api/pingrequest might have failed even when a service was available, but the load was high enough. This issue could lead to the restart of the service.
- Removed sensitive information, such as logins, passwords, etc. from the logs.
- Fixed an issue where the liveness process was in a different language than the site language.
- Added a possibility to disable the Close button during the liveness process, see the
- Added a possibility to disable the result screen, see the
- Added a possibility to customize the result screen of the liveness process, see Customization.
- Added a possibility to add your own localization, see Custom translations.
- Added an example of using in Angular: See on Github.
- Added a possibility to enable video recording during the liveness check process, see the
- Fixed an issue with prompts during the liveness processing being in English.
- Fixed an issue with the location of the circle when switching between cameras.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect positioning of sectors during the liveness procedure when changing zoom in Safari browser.
- Fixed an issue with the component waiting for a server's response after clicking on the Go button and being unable to close if the server didn't respond.
- Fixed a delay in redrawing the layout when rotating a device.
- Changed behavior when a mobile device is rotated. Now the retry screen is shown.
- Added an error code to the UI screen that is displayed when something goes wrong on the backend.
- Added possibilities to handle an existing config file, here is more information.
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to install a minor update on Windows.
- Updated installation packages according to the latest product changes.
The following Face SDK component versions comply with this release:
|ㅤㅤㅤXamarin iOS API
|ㅤㅤㅤXamarin iOS Core
|ㅤㅤㅤXamarin Android API
|ㅤㅤㅤXamarin Android Core
|ㅤㅤㅤReact Native API
|ㅤㅤㅤReact Native Core
|ㅤㅤㅤIonic Native API